Monday, November 23, 2009

Let This Not Be Goodbye

18 months have gone by now. Funny how time just whizz by us when we are having fun.

When we first came to KDU, we did not know each other and did not know what to expect.

We had different timetables, stayed in different units in Sterling, had different interests, came from different places, had different backgrounds and beliefs. I think neither of us expected such a strong bond to be created between all of us.

The thing that started to bring us all together were the two plays we did in September for our English class.

Merchant of Venice, and Just My Lady.

At that time, it was really the only chance we had to get to know each other and come together. Tiring, but an incredible blessing in disguise.

From that point on, we started to do lots of things together. We embarked on a journey inside and outside of KDU, did and learned new things. From introverts, we became a bunch of crazy people that brought the word insanity to a whole new level.




We also did naughty things together.

Like taking a dip fully clothed into the swimming pool when it was pass 10pm, and throwing flour at birthday people until the lift area at 20th floor was covered with flour.


Studies, exams and relationships were hurdles that we all went through together.

Shoulders to cry on, a listening ear, sound advice. That was what we could find in each other during hard times.

We were not always together. But when we are, it was undeniable that memories were created.

New jokes arise, scandals created, pet names were given, and the incestuous family tree kept growing with a lot of new twists and turns.

18 months we were together...

Now we are parting ways. Four of them are leaving us. They have fought the fight, persevered through the rough weather and made it out alive.


Down under is where they will be in February.

Am I speaking too soon? I think not. I am sure that is where they will be. Playing with sheeps in New Zealand and jumping around with kangaroos in Australia is what they will be doing aside from studying.

Thank you all for the precious memories we had together.

I never really got a chance to know some of them. But it was during STE where we knew more about each other.


My ex-husband, Gratiano.

18 months and only on the last day did he know that I can speak mandarin!

He is a Twilight fan and is one of the smartest guys around.

Judge not this book by his cover, for he will surprise you! He has proven to be an all-rounder. Now an actor and a dancer, not forgetting one who speaks his mind.

Congrats Daniel for getting "Best in Malaysia" for your econs paper. Trust always in the Lord for I know that He will always continue to bless you.


Mak Maya

Always given the "garang" role in our play. From a judge in Venice to Maya's loving but stern mother who orders Abah to water the plants at night.

And do not just tremble in fear in the presence of great triple Z. She is not all that mean. Zan does have a kind heart that goes out to all her mates and is proven to be a loving and loveable person.

Photography is what she is into with that big camera of hers, consequently making her the photographer for our MKM.

Zan jangan stress. You have done your best, and I am sure you are going to make it!


Miss Paula Abdul!

My sweet little groupmate during STE. Yes, she is as sweet as she looks. The gastric incident during STE was no biggie dearie :)

I am not kidding when I say that she is an A+ student. Sarah is also one of the best and most ayu dancers in our group. And I can bet that she loves it a lot.

Remember my friend, smallpetite is cute, and cute meaning attractive especially by means of smallness or prettiness or quaintness. Just because we are small, it does not mean that we are not as good as anyone else or that we cannot be better than them in anyway.

Go kick ass in NZ :)


Suzie Muzie

Very very clumsy. Water bottle and calculator keeps slipping from her grip. And also quite blur at times. But the best part of it all, she is so sooo smart! The best science student among all of us scholars!

She makes further maths look so easy, not forgetting Physics and Chemistry as well. Despite being super smart, she is also full of humble pie and is very yummy to chew on. Hehehe

A great friend, especially when I feel like complaining about my studies. Not to mention the tallest girl in our batch, and is a year younger than the rest of us!

Suzie darling, thank you so much for being there for me. And for helping me in my studies. I know that you are going to make it! I look forward to working with you in Petronas in the future with you. Panda cake!

It is perfectly natural to meet and then part when the time comes.

We had a teary farewell, and I just could not let Suzie go that night.




Nipa cries when she sees other people crying as well....


We had our fun together. Now it is time for us to part.

But its not as though we will never see them again. They have promised to come back once in a while. And if all goes well, we will all be colleagues in the twin corns in KL.


Suzie feasting on her farewell cake

Cards to be signed with love

A farewell gift

A very cheesy meal

Muakxxxx

The best of friends

Altogether now

Squeezing in for this shot

We will miss you all

Till the next time we meet, I wish you the best my dear friends.

Love you loads.

God bless :)

1 comment:

evawoon said...

aaww.. i didnt know it was their last day. =( will miss them loads..